Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A good tip

DENALI PARK, AK - - Sometimes what starts out as a joke turns out to be a good tip. Case in point: I joked with a couple of hikers getting on my transport that they didn't have to bring bribes just because of their large backpacks. The item I was poking fun at was a quart of ice cream. I gave them some insight into trails Lydia and I had already hikes plus other info. When they got off the guy handed me the plastic bag with a new plastic spoon and a half-quart of top brand Cookies and Cream. That $8 a quart ice cream. So I figure I got a $4 tip. Plus I passed almost all of it on to the gang who run the coffee spot where I stop most frequently for them to divvy up. I'll get a good bit of free coffee from that....maybe even an espresso or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment