Sunday, May 16, 2021

How we pack our VW pop-top van for our vacation trips

WEST END, NC - - This photo is actually of a re-packing since we've been in WE nearly two weeks.  It's easy to spot the challenge:  Where do I sleep???  

     We've been doing this type of long term travel /camping since 2010 minus 2016 (I was sick) and the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic.  Each year it's the same task with a lot of re-positioning of everything each night to get to my memory foam mattress (blue cover).  From there it's easy - - a bit of gymnastics, some contortions and a bit of squeezing here and there and I'm ready to snooze.  Multiply that by the number of times a 78-year-old gets up to answer nature's call and you have my nightly schedule.  For those keeping score our record of consecutive nights camping stands at 113.

     Oh, you ask:  Where does Lydia sleep??  In the penthouse.  You pop the top up and it's a cozy area with three mesh windows just about right for an agile individual.  Why don't I try it.  Well I could get up there but a slip and fall while descending would be hazardous to my physical, mental and overall well being.  And Lydia has a long list / memory of my goof-ups.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment