Thursday, December 24, 2020

Ms. Claus to the dinner time rescue

Can you say:  Yum!

 ORMOND BEACH, FL - - Our next door neighbor loves to cook...especially around the holidays.  In normal times we'd be visiting  on Christmas Eve for her family get together.  I guess maybe we've been adopted.  

     Since social distancing, etc. is the order of the day...especially if you are old and creaky and in the covid-19 high risk category...we declined close contact this year.  And the next thing you know we were 'gifted' with scalloped potatoes; steamed broccoli and lots of ham.  And best of all, there was a big bowl of chocolate triffle with cherries on top.  

     My option is to always eat dessert first and if you have any room left then start on the real meal.  Of course, my better half was there to guide me onto the right decision...but if I wasn't around you can bet Lydia would have sampled the triffle before anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment