Monday, August 19, 2019

I'm back...after a break for a valve job...on my heart!

BREMERTON, WA - - Nothing ruins a vacation quicker than chest pains in the middle of the night.  Not to be deterred, I waited for a second opinion and endured the pain (not quite as bad, but still a wake-up call) a second night.
     It was (reluctantly) off to the emergency room.  After what seemed like hours of testing...which was really hours of waiting between tests...it was off to the real ER.  Bremerton is building a new hospital which has a satellite ER which we had gone to.  Now, it was more waiting to get an ambulance ride to the older hospital and more waiting for a room... a total of 14 hours from the initial ER entry until my butt finally got put into a cushy hospital bed.
     The next morning (Friday, 8/16) it was give more blood;  have blood pressure taken; CaT scan and then an angiogram.  The results were back quickly..."You have a blocked artery in your heart.  We can put in a stent to correct the situation...right now if you are ready.  Being no stranger to the slice and dice / poke and prod of hospital procedure I said yes.  The alternative wasn't worth thinking too much about.
     I got discharged Sunday afternoon "all repaired" as long as I take it easy.  No problem, the love of my life is very good at keeping me on the straight and narrow as I weave and wander about.
     So now we wait for a follow-up visit from the cardiologist who preformed the procedure and then it's back to wandering around the Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment