Monday, April 15, 2019

Home invader...or...gecko on the curtain

ORMOND BEACH, FL - - The Florida gecko is a numerous sight where we live.  They scamper in the driveway; the garage; on the walkway in our backyard.  And, occasionally, inside the house.  How they get in is a mystery.  This brave (he / she) version  found that clinging  to the curtain in front of our patio door was great fun.   The view was pretty good, too. 
      It was a relatively safe perch.  When I got close enough to make a lunging attempt to capture the unwanted guest, it slipped my grasp.  So now not only is the gecko having a laugh at my expense, but my stock as a big (little) game hunter is way down with LH.  Better to have not called attention to my actions than to have failed miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment