Monday, August 14, 2017

Look, a bear!

A grizzly bear butt

Grinnell Glacier is visible (left center) across Sherburne Lake on the way to Many Glacier Lodge
WEST GLACIER, MT - - Sometimes we find a little humor in a photo from inadvertent happenings.  The top photo is a case in  point.  We were heading back to West Glacier from Many Glacier Lodge on the east side of the park.  This area is usually good for seeing a grizzly or two although they are usually way up a mountainside.  Not this time.
     I hollered bear! and Lydia grabbed  my camera and started taking shots across me and out the driver's window.  Unfortunately, I was also pointing to the bear as I brought the car to a stop.  Until I downloaded the pics I didn't know my reflex action was front and center.  So that's how we do it and I'm sticking to my story.
     In other news, the weather was nice.  No smoke visible today just fleecy clouds until storm clouds moved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment