Monday, September 15, 2008

Guilty

PESCADERO, CA - - I'm usually guilty of doing something 'dumb' before a big trip. So, I had to live up to expectations. No problem. I was packing the car last night for our escape and I left the map lights on. These aren't really bright so when I walked away from the car I didn't notice my goof. Monday morning, when I went back out to the car to move it so we could finish loading up for our escape I sure did. DEAD BATTERY!! Quickly followed by thoughts of how dead I was going to be when I informed Lydia of my latest screw up...especially since we were trying to get out of Yosemite as fast as possible.

Lydia took this bungle calmly and, once my ears stopped ringing and my hearing returned, told me to call the Bus Garage to see if I could get someone to help us jump start the Element. This did not work out but, fortunately, one of the company vans came through the parking lot and after telling the guy this was a life and death situation he agreed to help. So thanks to him because that's the only reason I'm still alive and all the body parts are working so I can write this blog. Moral of the story...If you know there's a black cloud following you then double check your every move.

No comments:

Post a Comment