Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We've landed!

ANACORTES, WA - - After three nights and four days, we've finally landed at the Alaska Marine Highway dock in Bellingham, WA. First on, first off played into our hands as we were the fourth car loaded in Skagway, but were parked right in front of the exit ramp. So, Monday night just when we were nearing the food servers and deciding what we wanted for dinner the PA system called for the owner of the Honda Element with Florida plates to come to the Pursers Desk. Off I went wondering what this was for.
As it turned out, all they wanted for us to do was show up early so we could be ready to roll as soon as they docked. No problem. Unfortunately there were about 50 people ahead of me when I returned to the food line. I decided not to wait.
We got to the car early, off the ferry early and pulled into Anacortes (one of our favorite places on the Left coast) in time for breakfast. Tonight we are in a cozy cabin in a RV park nearby.
The ferry ride was well worth the cost because as sick as I was I don't think I wouldd have survived the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment