Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Crescent City Kitty

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA, Oct. 11, 2006
While Lake Tahoe has many areas with docks around the lake this shot is from Crescent city, CA on Oct. 9. We had stopped to take a quick bagel and peanutbutter lunch break and encountered this friendly feline. Lydia had taken a walk to take a pic of the lighthouse there and this guy wandered up, walked across my lap and sat down. The body language was simple: I'm not really wild so pet me and take me home; better yet take me home and feed me. It was obvious from his manners that somebody had abandoned the coal-black critter. Too bad 'cause he had character.
No pics between Susanville, Reno, NV and Tahoe. Just wide open spaces with lots of brown grasses, pine trees and cattle/horses/alpacas/sheep. Tahoe got 6" of snow on Monday, which made the roads slick; there's still some in higher elevations around 6,000'

No comments:

Post a Comment